For more information on how to refer to a family email Referral@HelpMeGrowNorthTexas.org. Referral forms can also be faxed to 817-810-3980.
Help Me Grow promotes child development by working to successfully link families to community resources that meet their needs. This happens through cross system collaboration of existing community resources that meet all family’s needs.
Help Me Grow North Texas provides an information line that connects a family or provider to child development services and other community-based resources within our area. By calling this one number, you are connected to an experienced child development specialist who can provide education, resources and information on developmental screenings to meet a child’s specific needs.
As a service provider, you work with so many families that need to be connected to a variety of resources in addition to the services you provide. If you make a referral to Help Me Grow North Texas, we will follow up with the family to make sure they received the proper information.
Help Me Grow North Texas can help programs with:
- Care Coordination and linking families to community resources based on their unique needs.
- Developmental screenings for families, including:
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires®-Third Edition (ASQ-3) is utilized to screen children 1 month – 5½ years of age across five domains of the child’s functioning: Communication, Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Problem Solving and Personal-Social.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires®: Social Emotional-Second Edition (ASQ:SE-2) offers in-depth assessment of a child’s peer and adult interactions, as well as general personal, emotional development for the same age group.
- Free training and materials over optimal child development and supports offered by partners.
- Access to centralized community resource database.
- Help Me Grow North Texas keeps track of these community resources online.
If you want to start the consideration process for entry within FINDconnect and/or to keep your agency’s information up to date, email info@HelpMeGrowNorthTexas.org
Share information with Help Me Grow North Texas about community events (family education sessions, outreach events, etc.) that your agency hosts, so the team can pass information along to those we serve.
- 5 Universal Practices to Support Young Children’s Positive Behavior (Brookes Publishing)
- Communication Results with Families (Help Me Grow North Texas)
- Supporting the First 1,000 Days of a Child’s Life: An Anti-Racist Blueprint for Early Childhood Well-Being and Child Welfare Prevention (The Center for the Study of Social Policy)
- Video on How to Use the CDC’s Milestone Tracker App